1. Apply apple cider vinegar to scalp, massage, and let sit for at least 10 minutes prior to shampoo.
2. Use “sulfate free” shampoos. Lauryl sulfates can further irritate the scalp.
3. Take evening primrose supplements.
4. For dandruff: try a mix of tea tree and jojoba oil. You can dilute in a spray bottle with water or apply directly to the scalp overnight. Tea tree acts as a natural antiseptic which is said to help with dandruff. Jojoba oil is moisturizing.
5. Apply coconut oil once a week for moisturizing benefits.
Product Recommendation:Aubrey Organics Calaguala Fern Treatment Shampoo
I love my new shampoo! I bought mine at Whole Foods and it is available on the Aubrey Organics website.
+ completely natural
+ good for irritated scalp
+ pleasant smell
+ product is biodegradable
+ can be ordered in a larger side, more eco-friendly
+ made my hair manageable and shiny!
+ minimal, recognizable incredients
– consistency (see below)
– packaging: won’t stand upside on its own
Deionized Water, Coconut Oil-Corn Oil Soap, Soap Bark Extract, Yucca Root Extract, Carrageenan, White Pine Bark Extract, Organic Lemon Peel Oil, Calaguala Extract, Cade Wood Essential … Read the rest
Published Wednesday, August 25, 2010 5:14 pm
by Michaela L. Duckett, For The Charlotte Post
When Landra Booker-Johnson launched CARA B Naturally, she didnâ€™t do it because she had aspirations of running her own business. She had a need that just wasnâ€™t being met. Like many moms, Johnson worried about the products she was using on her babyâ€™s skin. Emerging scientific evidence has suggested links between chemical ingredients in personal care products with organ damage, hormonal changes and skin irritation. â€œThe majority of products out there, particularly for children, still have petroleum-based ingredients,â€ Johnson said. â€œTheyâ€™ve got sulfates in them. Theyâ€™ve … Read the rest
Welcome to the launch my website: Green Your Beauty! Here you will find my natural beauty reviews on hair, skin care products, makeup, and more! Stay tuned soon for the option to post your own user reviews!Â In the meantime, feel free to comment or email me suggestions on natural products you would like me to put up for review! I love receiving news links, comments….you name it, so don’t be shy!
About me: I’m a late 20s gal and former vegetarian/veganÂ that has always been devoted to seeking out cruelty-free products.Â I try to live a relatively eco-friendly life but I do occasionally … Read the rest